Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Real World is causing a Real Problem

I feel so fortunate to have a job this summer. I am currently a web content writer for Buyer Zone in Waltham, Mass.

I am working with three other interns under a really great team of young, business professionals who are helping people every day.

However, the one problem I have found is: finding the time to exercise.

I am very athletic and have always incorporated sports and exercise into my schedule. Even this past semester-- when I got a taste of the real world at my internship with The Salem News-- I was able to work out for 2 hours every day.

But now, my internship has unfortunately introduced me to the infamous 95south/128South AM traffic that everyone in Massachusetts complains about.

You see, I have to wake up at 6 A.M and be out the door by 7 A.M. I spend 20 minutes driving on side streets, only to find myself spending the next 50 minutes crawling on the highway. I eventually pick up speed and drive another 10 minutes to my exit.

Basically, the drive is supposed to take 30 minutes but clearly doesn't. With this commute, how will I ever find the time to exercise?

Now, if you are thinking to yourself, "well that's dumb, finding time to exercise isn't such a big deal," let me just say (politely) WRONG! It's a very BIG deal!

Here's why:





And guess what...... four years later, scientist, doctors and medical researchers are still saying the same thing: you need to find time to exercise.

So yea, it's a big deal for me that I am struggling to find the time to visit my gym. I am a morning person and love starting my day at the gym......but now I start it sitting in a car for two hours.

HOWEVER, I refuse to let work get in the way of my health; and as a result, I have made a vow to myself to: eat even healthier, drive straight to the gym after work, and squeeze in any exercise I can during the day.

Want to know how I plan to do that? Here's how:




If you have any exercise tips or advice, please add them in the comments.....


P.S.
Exercise doesn't always need to be a chore. Check out this fun/fitness article about how these business women handled their health: Instant Recess


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment