Saturday, January 15, 2011

Books You Need to Read in 2011

Personally, I think 2010 was a great year in the writing world; We have great authors like Nicholas Sparks, Stieg Larsson and Phillipa Gregory to thank for that.

Because there are so many great books to choose from, I have highlighted five that I recommend you read first -- and before 2011 is over:

The Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Part one of a series of stories, secrets and psychological insights into an entire world that -- unfortunately -- can be real.

The Girl who Played with Fire
The reader is thrown into an interesting investigation about Sweden's sex trafficking that is fascinating as well as disturbing.

The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
I was pleasantly surprised to find myself reading this book as feverishly as I did the first. The plot is engaging, the characters are entertaining and the ending is satisfying.

Books about Secrets
by Tatiana de Rosnay

A Secret Kept
Tatiana touches upon the realities of marriage, rebellious teenagers, sex, love and life. Every experience a "typical" 13-to-50-year-old female or male could possibly live through is mentioned in this book.

Sarah's Key
This book was a thrilling, tragic but incredible book centered around the Holocaust. It is one of the strongest book I have ever read.

These five books stood out to me because each highlighted something real. I was able to lose myself completely in these books, and at times, sense of reality because each story was so gripping.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment