Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best Movie Proposals

If you are thinking about popping the "big question" this Valentine's Day, take a few pointers from these three fabulous men.

I'm not trying to be mushy -- but these three on-screen movie proposals bring me to tears every time I watch them. I not only love to watch them, but I love to read them on paper too.

Here are my three favorite movie proposals:

#1: Pride and Prejudice
(favorite proposal to read & watch)

Mr Darcy: You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.






#2 Young Victoria
(favorite proposal to watch)

Prince Albert: I just got your note. I was riding.
Queen Victoria: Sit, please.
Prince Albert: The park is marvelous.
Queen Victoria: I'm so pleased you like it. I do want you to feel quite at home... I'm sure you're aware why I wished you to come here. Because it would make me happier than anything, too happy really, if you would agree to what I wish.
Prince Albert: And stay with you?
Queen Victoria: And stay with me.
Prince Albert: And marry you?
Queen Victoria: And marry me!



#3 He's Just Not That Into You
(favorite proposal to watch)

Start this at 3:10


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Surely the one that starts "Miss Elizabeth, I have struggled in vain...", is even better? She starts in sheer horror at the sight of him - but he barely notices. There's something inspiring in his stupidity! He blows it completely ... but when he says "Forgive me, you & your sister I must exclude from this" - you think that he might have a chance. But he blows it again. At the end, his "Please" is so soft that she thinks he is going to beg - her surprise turns to compassion & then desire ... all in a moment. At the end you feel like shoving him in the back so their lips touch.

    ReplyDelete